A sample of the do’s and don’ts for a holiday party
at Fiendish Enterprises
To: Employees, Fiendish Enterprises Headquarters, Oakland
From: Kate O’Hara, Executive Assistant to Thomas Kestrel
RE: Holiday Party
The Holiday Party this year will be held in the grand conference room at one o’clock.
We want everybody to have a great time, but there are some extenuating circumstances that need to be taken into account, to keep everybody safe while having said great time.
- Keep alcohol consumption to a minimum. Fiendish will be providing transportation for anybody who desires it. If you’re going to get hammered, at least keep it classy. And if you can’t keep it classy… keep it in the cubicles.
- Keep nudity to a minimum. Seriously. Nobody wants a repeat of the Thanksgiving potluck.
- No outside foods. Due to the unfortunate “revenge” enacted onto certain employees, a.k.a. “The Lunch Thief,” potlucks have been banned for the forseeable future. The party will be catered. Also, an EMT will be on site… just in case.
- Vet your guests! Guests will not be permitted unless vetted previously. Security will escort uninvited and non-sanctioned “guests” – bodily if necessary.
- Secret Santa gifts will be kept to a $30 cap. Used “re-gifts” and weapons are strongly discouraged.
- Thomas Kestrel will be dressing as Santa. All those who want to sit on his lap and tell him what you want are welcome.
- No sex in the break room. (See, again: Thanksgiving potluck.) Come on, people. We eat there.
For any questions, please contact Kate O’Hara, extension 666. Happy holidays!
To: Employees, Fiendish Headquarters, Oakland
From: Thomas Kestrel, CEO
RE: Holiday Party
I did not read or give prior approval to the earlier memo regarding the Holiday Party.
That said, I agree with the major points and offer only one clarification: I will not be dressing as Santa. Happy holidays.
Temping is Hell
Temping is Hell
Necessary Evil 1
Entangled Edge, January 20, 2013
eBook, 339 pages
WORST. JOB. EVER.
Kate O’Hara can’t wait until this temp assignment is over. The woman who hired her is a psychotic pageant queen, her coworkers are convicts-turned-clerks, and it’s so boringly corporate it makes her skin crawl. Even her sexy-as-sin boss, famed billionaire Thomas Kestrel, isn’t enticement enough to keep her there. Once she makes enough to pay off her bills, she’s out. Or so she thinks…
WHAT THE HELL?
Next thing she knows, she’s accidentally signed over her soul. Literally. And she’s discovered Thomas’s real mission: to kill thirteen bad guys in one year, in order to get his—now his and Kate’s—souls back.
IT’S NOT JUST A JOB. IT’S A MISADVENTURE.
From learning to boost the morale of some paper-pushing demons to navigating her way through blood-red tape, Kate has to work closely with her super-hot supervisor and get her flaky act together, before somebody clocks her out— permanently!
Find out more about Cathy at her Website.
Follow Cathy on Twitter and Facebook.
Smiling and chuckling till last one made me LOL. :-)ReplyDelete
Your book sounds like a great read - wish my days temping had been as exciting. And the memo about the Christmas party had me laughing big time. Thanks.ReplyDelete
Thanks, guys! This was probably the most fun blog post of the entire tour. Just a blast.ReplyDelete
Great post!! Loved it so much just ordered this one on the kindle!! Can't wait to read it.ReplyDelete
This one sounds fantastic! Wonder if I still have any of my Amazon GC left, cause I'd love to read it.ReplyDelete
"Nobody wants a repeat of the Thanksgiving potluck." LOL! Great memo, Cathy. :D I do love all the extra bits-- when is book two coming out again? :PReplyDelete
I definitely have to read this book, it sounds funny & sexy, just what I like :)ReplyDelete